I am happy to share why the course is not available on a mobile device.I believe there will not be a student who would not understand why it is NOT mobile.I’ve tried to keep the reasons as short as I know how. There are other reasons in addition to these but frankly, given the nature of our course, it is especially unsuited for mobile.
Reasons our course “Become a Fearless Traditional Retoucher & Spotter” is NOT mobile and most likely will never be:
- The platform we use currently ONLY makes it available for iPhones.
- It does not work with an Android at this time.
- It is not as robust as the desktop web app.
- The platform even suggests not to do it because they haven’t been able to keep up with the constantly evolving iOS format and feel the iOS app should only be used as a supplementary tool for students and perhaps not at all if the course is intensively visual (which ours is).
- Also no comments can be accessed within the mobile version.
- They apparently are experiencing bugs, as are most online platforms it seems now, because most are inherently designed to be viewed on desktops.
- As an owner and Katherine as an instructor, neither of us are able to manage the school or the courses from within a mobile app.
- The mobile app only supports a limited subset of HTML tags and thus unhappy students ultimately, again especially with images which will NOT display if put into a lesson with HTML.
- A secondary account must be set up through my platform which ruins my white labeling and currently it is only available in Canada, US, United Kingdom, Australia and China although they are working on other countries.
- Due to the nature of this course being mainly visual, small screens will not serve our students and for the above mentioned reasons, this course is ill-suited for mobile, the kinks are not all out and the limited access by countries and type of mobile devices we feel makes it too restrictive when we are reaching countries outside the ones the platform has focused on.
Owner of https://www.ofcourseware.xyz